Independent software developer Neville Boudreaux today is pleased to announce the release of Hermes 1.08, an update to his popular personal medical assistant for iPhone and iPod touch devices. Designed specifically to take advantage of the iPhone’s unique capabilities and touch interface, Hermes serves to help users document all the medical information they don’t remember but asked for by medical professionals.
Hermes is the result of six months of research with both doctors and patients to find out what information was commonly requested of the two parties, and what could be used to help improve as well as expedite the experiences of both. Featuring a comfortable and simple user interface, Hermes embraces a Profiles metaphor which allows users to store information for a variety of people (son, daughter, mother, father, and even pets). It allows users to keep a complete family history, allergies, current and past prescriptions, as well as who to call in case of an emergency.
Hermes allows for the creation and use of an unlimited number of Profiles, each with their own basic info, allergies, family history, prescriptions, and doctors. Store Family History including what side of the family has a history of that ailment. Store basic physiology information, such as age and blood type, as well as store emergency contacts (up to 2 people per profile, each with 2 phone numbers) that can be called by the press of a button.
Additionally, users can store allergies with a color coded severity index that quickly shows what should be avoided, as well as the ability to store prescriptions (past and present). Hermes will automatically keep it in the prescription history. Store all doctors or get a map to their location with the push of a button, as well as share doctors across all profiles (great for family doctors).
* Comfortable and simple User Interface
* Store basic physiology information such as age and blood type
* Store Emergency Contacts that can be called by the press of a button
* Store Family History including what side of the family has a history of that ailment
* Store Allergies with a color coded severity index that quickly shows what should be avoided
* Store Prescriptions (past and present)
* Store all Doctors – Call them or get a map to their location with the push of a button
* All information is stored into a Profile made specifically for the user
* Create an unlimited number of profiles
* Share Doctors across all profiles (great for family doctors)
* Add, Edit, and Delete information
* Simple and intuitive interface makes sure access to information is quick and easy
* Supports iPhone and iPod Touch (instant calling functionality disabled for iPod touch)
“Hermes was written based from my own life experience,” said Austin, Texas based developer Neville Boudreaux. “I had spent a few weeks bouncing between doctors while fighting off a nasty cold. Each doctor kept repeating the same questions I simply couldn’t remember. This would often times frustrate the doctors and cause unnecessary additional office visits. Determined to help reduce office visits, improve patient care, and provide patients, and by extension, doctors, with the information that was commonly requested, I began 6 months of in-depth research and interviews with patients and doctors. Hermes is the final result of all that work and research.”
Hermes version 1.08 sports many internal improvements, as well as introduces 24 Profile icon pictures to help people visually recognize who that profile is meant to represent. Hermes is continually growing based on incredibly valuable user feedback. Two updates have already been released directly based on user submitted ideas.
* iPhone and iPod touch
* Requires iPhone OS 3.1.2 or later
* Instant calling functionality disabled for iPod touch
* 1.0 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Hermes 1.08 is $1.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Healthcare & Fitness category. Review copies are available upon request. All updates to Hermes will be free.