Selznick Scientific Software, LLC today is pleased to announce the release of PasswordWallet 4.5, a major update to their best-selling Macintosh and iPhone password management solution. The app now allows the user to automatically sync all passwords between their Mac, iPhone and MobileMe accounts, as well as their Windows (now in public beta), Android, Windows Mobile and Palm Pre devices.
Version 4.5 for the iPhone brings encrypted exports and the industry’s first Backup and Restore functionality that requires no special software, not even iTunes. Simple and secure, PasswordWallet encrypts and data information all in one convenient location: passwords, usernames, PIN numbers, combinations, personal notes and more.
PasswordWallet makes it easy for users to lock and unlock all of their passwords with a single master password. They can even save web addresses, and PasswordWallet will launch the default browser automatically. The application’s auto-typing feature fills in the required user name and password, allowing users to quickly login to any previously visited website. Auto-typing is system-wide, so it works anywhere: web forms, web pages and software registration screens. Usernames or passwords which are copied to the clipboard are cleared automatically after they are pasted.
* Retrieve passwords quickly and effortlessly
* Now compatible with Windows XP through Windows 7
* Access passwords, usernames and other private info with a single master password
* Synchronize passwords from a Mac to an iPhone or iPod touch
* Share passwords with a Mac to a Palm, Windows Mobile or Android compatible device
* Secure passwords with PasswordWallet’s unique Auto-Typing technology
* Backup and restore iPhone data with no special software (not even iTunes)
* Enter multiple usernames and passwords across multiple web pages with Auto-Typing
* Uses BlowFish encryption algorithm with 448-bit keys to protect data
* Passwords copied to the clipboard are automatically deleted after they are pasted
* The master password can be kept in the Mac OS X keychain
Among PasswordWallet’s most powerful features is its ability to organize passwords into an unlimited number of user-defined categories. Web passwords, bank and credit card PINs, personal phone numbers, and sensitive information is kept encrypted in separate, color-coded categories. Version 4.5 adds 4 completely new synchronization modes: Computer-to-iPhone, Computer-to-Computer, MobileMe and WebDAV. In addition, the app is available now for Windows XP through Windows 7 as a beta release. Early adopters may purchase it now at a discount and receive the finished, retail version free when released. “These days it’s impossible to keep all our sensitive, personal information in our heads,” asserted PasswordWallet creator Sanford Selznick. “And you can’t write it all down, because it can easily get into the wrong hands. With PasswordWallet, one master password locks and unlocks all your private information anytime, anywhere.”
* US English, French and German
* Requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later (Leopard and Snow Leopard Compatible)
* 12.5 MB Hard Drive Space
* iPhone 2.0 or later (with Copy/Paste for 3.0)
* Windows Mobile 5 or later
* Palm Pre 1.0 or later
* Palm OS 4.0 or later
* Network connection (Gigabit recommended for HD)
Pricing and Availability:
PasswordWallet 4.5 for Mac is $20.00 (USD) and available as a free upgrade from 4.x; $15 upgrade for 3.x customers. PasswordWallet 4.5 for iPhone is $4.99, and available exclusively through Apple’s App Store. Version 4.5 for both the Palm Pre and the Android is included free with PasswordWallet for Mac. Version 4.5 for WindowsMobile is priced at $14.00, and the Palm Classic is $15.00. Discounted upgrades are available for qualified users. PasswordWallet 4.5 is a major update and a recommended free download for all version 4.x customers.